Greta's Garden

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Camarosa Strawberries in NC


If you live in North Carolina, camarosa strawberries are now available at Lowe's Foods. Well, I imagine they are at other grocery stores too. I just shop at Lowe's. It's nearby.
These particular berries come from Plant City, Florida. Joel and I were there in January and learned when this variety would be coming in.
They're here. Get the ice cream and shortcake !
Actually, my favorite berry is the Sweet Charlie. However, growers don't like it because the berry cat faces. It's not pretty, but is packed with sweet, strong strawberry flavor. If I can't get them, then I opt for the Camarosa or Chandler - in that order. Both are pretty, firm and full of sweet flavor. They also can pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home