Greta's Garden

Thursday, June 22, 2006

June 22 - I picked 3 tomatoes today!

Today a good family friend was buried in Hickory. Alfred Whisnant was a close business and personal friend of my parents - and later in my own life became a good friend of mine. He and his wife, Betty Gail, were just super. It was so nice to see her and her children, even under such stressful times.

I went home to take my dad to the funeral - and gave him and my mom three German Johnson pinks freshly picked this morning. I knew that would cheer them up. Two of them had already turned pink. The other was on the verge.

Photo you say? Joel had the camera.

Now, I still have several plants yet to be put in the ground - an assortment of peppers and tomatoes - yellow and roma. Yes, we'll have a LATE garden!

I encourage you to check out my links. Joel set them up for me. And, I'd like to introduce Annabelle Morgan's blog. She lives in Oakboro, North Carolina, just south of Albemarle. She's been bit by the blog bug too.

I know there are a lot of people who read my blog but don't post messages. I hear comments in person at various functions. So, if you've got a blog that you would like to link to mine, let me know. We can have a garden blogging network!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home