Greta's Garden

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oct. 18 - Picking out bulbs

This is the time of year I envision the bright yellows, purples, pinks and blues of the first peek of spring. You know the look. Popping through a layer of freshly fallen springtime snow you see a little crocus poking it's pretty face out to announce warm weather is on the way.

I took my mom to Lowe's today in Hickory to get some daffodils. She'll hopefully plant them along the patio. She's a painter and loves to capture the yellows, golds, whites and even pinks and reds of daffodils. She says you can't dilly dally around when you're painting them because the don't last long.

She enjoys working with oil, watercolor and pastel.

My mom's health isn't as good as it used to be, but she still loves the feel of fresh dirt. I'll have to make another trip home, I bet, to be her hands and strong back. She'll tell me where to dig, how deep and offer advice on how much bone marrow to use.

I treasure those times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home